Celtic Promise Rings
An Irish promise ring or poesy ring is given to symbolize love, faith and commitment. A promise ring is usually worn on the ring finger of the left hand. This Irish promise ring or "poesy ring" is truly a tribute to the expressive and passionate Irish spirit. So pledge your love the Irish way with a promise ring!
Promise Ring Tradition and Meaning...
The tradition of the promise ring or poesy ring began around the 16th and 17th century in England and Europe. A "posie" was a common short poem or inscription on a piece of jewelry. A ring inscribed with or inspired by a sentiment of love, faith and hope became known as a "posey ring" or promose ring. The poesy ring gained immense popularity due to it's numerous mentions in Shakespeare's plays.
The traditional Irish Claddagh ring is a type of Irish promise ring and is a symbol of friendship, love and loyalty. The hands of the claddagh ring stand for friendship. The heart of the claddagh ring stands for love and the crown is a symbol of loyalty.
The Claddagh Ring or Claddagh promise ring has been worn since Roman times! The beautiful meaning of the claddagh ring has made the claddagh ring a celebrated romantic gift for people of all nationalities. But none can argue that the claddagh ring holds a rather special meaning to those romantics of Irish heritage.
Items 1-24 of 30
- Claddagh Stackable Ring SetAs low as $189.99
- Irish Diamond Promise RingAs low as $79.99
- Trinity Claddagh RingAs low as $69.99
- Hugs and Kisses Claddagh RingAs low as $79.99
- Mo Anam Cara Trinity BandAs low as $89.99
- Celtic Tiara Stackable RingAs low as $89.99
- Celtic Knot Pink Claddagh RingAs low as $89.99
- Irish Claddagh RingAs low as $69.99
- Unisex Claddagh Ring from IrelandAs low as $69.99
- Celtic Knot Claddagh RingAs low as $49.99
- Fenian Claddagh RingAs low as $79.99
- Anam Cara Infinity Diamond Claddagh RingAs low as $79.99
- Edwardian Diamond Claddagh RingAs low as $259.99
Items 1-24 of 30